Sunday, August 11, 2019

Post Yokosuka - Getting back into the rhythm

We pulled in to Yokosuka for a second port visit, and though it was a working port, I got to go to my family’s home every night we were there. For three nights, I slept on a bed that did not rock, the phone did not ring at all hours, and chains were not being dragged across the deck due to late hour flight ops. 

I got to shower in a shower I did not share with 14 other women, shave in the shower without falling over, without having to wear shower shoes, that did not rock back and forth, and that drained normally.

I got to sit with my family at dinner and talk late into the night. I was loved and supported.


And then we went back on deployment. It was harder than I thought to get back into the rhythm. 



No comments:

Post a Comment