Thursday, April 17, 2014

Okinawa World = Williamsburg, VA

This is the third day since being on island that I do something touristy.
So a friend and I visited Okinawa World. It is the local version of Williamsburg.

We went through a set of caves, toured the "village", saw the famous Okinawa drummers and hung out with some snakes, including a Habu snake.

Shisa dog made out of potted plants
 underwater river
Don't bang your head on a stalactite (I checked. it's not a stalagmite)
 In the cave, me as a bat.
 And now I am a shisa!

 Kris and the fish that eat dead skin off your feet.
Not sure what I am.

 Outside the Habu exhibit is a very large and fluffy bat.

 Me and the snake. This is NOT a Habu. It's a harmless, but large garden snake. 
 The snake charmer. I couldn't understand a word she said except "cobra" and "habu".

 Entrance to Okinawa World


No comments:

Post a Comment