Saturday, October 18, 2014

A Memorial Run for 9/11

I had the great privilege of working with the Camp Foster SMP (Single Marine Program) to create the only 9/11 event to occur on Camp Foster. It was a candle-lit 5k that began with the ceremony that included my invocation.
I am still trying to get pictures which I will post when I get them.

-----------------------------------
 Source of Strength,

13 years ago, my innocence was shattered with the collapsing of towers and impregnable buildings by acts of terror and hatred.

On a day filled with so much sadness God, I ask of you 1 thing – help me bear my pain.

I lost friends and colleagues and family and I feel guilty for surviving. I feel I am betraying their memories because my scars have begun to fade and I am moving forward.

Help me, dear God, that as the pain becomes a distant memory, that each anniversary, I remember and not let it pass without notice.

Help me to remain always faithful to their memories and live a good life in their honor.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment