Monday, March 21, 2016

Finding My Voice Among The Homeless

On Friday, Kiyoko and I took some Marines to Yogi Park to feed the less privileged.

We helped set up, serve food and clean up all in the name of caring for others.

The most significant moment for me was when all the volunteers came together and the head volunteer led the group in a prayer in Japanese In that moment, I found my voice -. My ministry voice I wanted to pray so the Marines and Sailors to understand the religious and spiritual significance of what they were doing. The prayer I led was nothing special but in that space and time, I let the words come out, unscripted, flowing from my heart a message of love.

Who knew that I would find my chaplain voice at a Christian outreach program of feeding the homeless in Naha?


Mah Gadlu Ma'asecha Adonai? How great are Your acts o God?









No comments:

Post a Comment