Monday, March 21, 2016

I Promised My Mother - Relief and Appointment of SgtMaj Williamson and Siaw

I told my mother of the honor I had to give the invocation for the Relief and Appointments of SgtMaj Williamson and Siaw.

As I have spent so many Wednesday mornings with SgtMaj Williamson and plenty of official functions with him and his wife, I wanted to make sure my words were the right ones to send off a SgtMaj that I respect and can not wait to see what he does in his new position.

I promised her I would post my invocation.

---------------------------------------------


If you would join in me prayer,

Heavenly Father,

When we raised our hand and volunteered to protect Your precious creations from harm, we knew that we were choosing a life of constant change and uncertainty. We also knew, we were asking our families to make the sacrifice with us. 

Lord, when we answered Your call to defend the defenseless and bring hope to the hopeless, we did not know how powerful the friendships we would make along the way would be. We would find teammates, comrades, friends.

God, building these significant ties means that continuing on our journeys guarantees separation from those around us. And if it must be so, we ask that You help us by sanctifying this parting with words of comfort.

As the Priests blessed the people, so too do we ask for your blessing on SgtMaj Williamson, Kim, Katherine and Cullen.
Yiverechicha Adonai V'Yishmerecha- May God Bless you and keep you safe.  
Ya'er Adonai Panav Eilecha Vichuneka - May you feel God's presence always.
Yisah Adonai Panav Eilecha V'yasem lecha shalom - May you walk the paths of Peace and light the way for others.

As we say farewell to a cornerstone of our community, Lord, we ask that you bless SgtMaj Siaw, Samantha, Spring, Andrew, Adrianne, and Jackson as we welcome them to our family. Bless him with Your love and guide him to walk the path between justice and mercy. Sanctify the works of his hands so we can benefit from his wisdom. As Moses said to Joshua, "Chazak V'Ematz" be strong and of good courage.


May we go from strength to strength, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment