Tuesday, August 27, 2013

LT

Today, I was promoted to Lieutenant. As the deputy chaplain was about to administer the oath to me, the master guns (master gunnery sergeant) called the room to attention. The oath was administered and I prided myself for not getting emotional when I repeated “with no mental reservation” and “so help me God”. I seem to get emotional every time I say those two lines. My sponsor pinned on my railroad tracks and the ceremony ended. I could not have asked for two better, more amazing chiefs who worked in tandem to make heads or tails of my records to make this happen so quickly. In their honor, I will be making a donation to the Wounded Warrior Fund because that seems to me to be the most meaningful way I can show them how deeply I am thankful for all they have done for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment