Thursday, June 26, 2014

I Know My Marines

In every section of my BN, there is an ebb and flow.
There are times of the year that are intense and times that are more relaxed.
I know that the people who deal with IDs, moving people's stuff, pay... have a terrible time during PCS season.

So I teamed up with the USO on Foster and threw them a BBQ - indoors because it was raining.
I had games, food, movie, game system, jenga, cornholes ... and just a place for them to relax from the stress they are under for nearly four solid months.

The Marines - the junior Marines, NCOs, Staff NCOs, Officers... everyone got to kick back, be in civies and not have to go back to work after dinner chow.

Sometimes just feeding Marines lifts their spirits up.

I consider this preventative chaplain intervention.










No comments:

Post a Comment