Sunday, July 28, 2013

Okinawa

Word has come down from the powers that be and I am off to Okinawa, Japan.

Where is that, you ask?
Let me show you.




What happens next?

I report to the base in Norfolk, VA. Once all my paperwork is in order, I will fly out to Okinawa, also known as 'the rock' to those who have been stationed on there.

Now I get to figure out what I am taking with me and what is staying in military storage for the next three years.

For the past three weeks, I have sorted through every piece of paper, book, whatever, figuring all of this out. I have taken over the living room, dining room and most of the Florida room.




I don't know where all this stuff came from!!!
Thank God that my books count as professional gear so it does not count (weight wise) towards my weight allowance.

Next stop, quick 'see you later' tour to my family and friends up and down the east coast.

1 comment:

  1. If you need anything in Norfolk, my father lives there... Not that you don't have connections to Richmond, but... either way.

    Good luck, and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete