Sunday, February 16, 2014

Finding Balance - Touring Naha

It is very easy for me to loose myself in my work.
There is always more work to be done.
I was told that "07:30-16:30, Monday through Friday" is the exception, never the rule.

This means that I have to take advantage of when I do have a 96 (having off Monday and Tuesday) to do some sightseeing rather than stay at home.

So, with my friend Kris, I toured Kokusai Street.
And here is what I saw:

1) oversized hands karate chopping buildings and lizards climbing up walls



2) Murals on the floor depicting different Okinawan traditions:

              (A man making a shisa dog?)
             (Traditional Okinawa drums)
                 (Dragon boat races)
               (world's largest tug of war in the world)
                      (the Ryukyu King)
                    (The Naha Marathon)
                           (Shisa dogs)


3) Yep! The common alcohol of Okinawa has a very real and very dead Habu snake in it.
        (I could not find the sake where the Habu snake is fighting the scorpion.)





4) Life size statues to take pictures with. 
                        




 5) And some amazing Shisa Dogs







No comments:

Post a Comment