Thursday, October 21, 2021

The Power of Art / Leave is important Part II

 I don’t remember when I fell in love with art. 

But at some point, I recognized the power of the image, and what it could invoke within me. 


Every time I go the city (NYC, there is no other), I try to go to either the MoMa or Met. This time, I went to both. 

Once again, I go to spend time with one of my favorite painters, Monet. 


I sat and looked at the three paneled water lilies, and allowed the calmness of the water, and the slight breeze that moved the lilies ever so slightly that I saw in the painting into my heart. 



MoMa / Monet / Water Lilies


The met / Monet / The Manneporte


COVID has been hard. And though I think I have had a much easier time of it than others,

 I could not, and still cannot escape the anxiety it created, and continues to impact.


I needed to see Monet, and Van Gogh.



MoMa / Van Gogh / The Starry Night


Like old friends, I knew they would lift my spirit, and bring me some much needed peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment