Thursday, October 21, 2021

THINK

 This idea is not mine. 


Before you speak, THINK.


Is it thoughtful?

It is honest?

Is it interesting?

Is it necessary?

Is it kind? 


I did this without knowing the framework while I was bullied by my roommate on my first deployment.

I did not think she was emotionally healthy, and certainly not mentally tough. 

I THINKed every time she would verbally attack me or spread lies about me behind my back. 

I chose to remain silent, because I understood that in that moment, what I would say would not be kind, and not thoughtful, but for someone who was hurting and damaged, the pain I would inflict with my words would be more destructive than anything she had ever said or done to me.

 

I am glad I THINKed before I spoke. 


I always want to be able to look myself in the mirror, and know I made the right choice not to speak. 


Perhaps there was another way to defend myself, but in that moment, the thing for me to do, was bear my pain in silence. 


Added bonus: I actually got to see karma in action. 


No comments:

Post a Comment