Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Ultimate Equalizer

I have gotten down a daily routine of the ship for the most part.

Today, I was introduced to a new aspect of the ship. Doing laundry. I could avoid it no longer.
Here is what I have discovered.

Doing laundry is the ultimate equalizer. There are just so many machines to go around. It does not matter what your rank is when you are waiting in line for a dryer. The difference aboard ship than in my old dorm room is that no-one jumps the line. When someone does not show up in time to pick up their laundry and the laundry was still wet, you restart the machine for them and waited some more. If it's dry, you take it out and fold it for them.

 Even the simplest thing like doing laundry demonstrates the difference between civilian life to military life. Honor and discipline, even when it comes to dirty clothes.

1 comment:

  1. :-)

    You're also still helping me to do laundry all the way in LA with the detergent you gave to me!

    so proud of you, keep on blogging

    hodor hodor xxxx

    ReplyDelete