Thursday, October 4, 2012

Commissioning to Reserves

July 27th, 2012


There is  saying that you plan and God laughs.
I planned on going active duty for the Navy and God decided that I should go back to Camp Ramah in California for the summer.

In the middle of the summer, I was told that my reserves commission was ready and all I had to do was swear in.

I could have just gone to the NOSC (Navy Operational Support Center) and lifted my right hand and take the oath.
But what's the fun in that?

Instead, I invited the entire camp, staff and visitors to attend. That's about 900 people.

The LT who swore me in was volentold (she did not volunteer) to drive down and swear me in.
I had the short walk from the parking lot to let her know that there would be a "few" people attending.
As I joked with her about how big of a crowd it would be, I said, "Don't worry. I asked the rabbis to speak. All you have to do is administer the oath."

I am now officially attached to the 4th Marine Division (MARDIV), the 2/23 out of Port Hueneme, CA


Thank you to Rachel Blatt who was able to recording the entire thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRqUqplsaI0

                                           

1 comment:

  1. OMG so cool to see this video! (despite the vertical recording ugh)

    ReplyDelete