Thursday, June 10, 2021

The Next Generation

While in Okinawa, I made some of my closest friends.

Bruce used to be a Marine. 

His first child joined the Coast Guard.

His second child decided to join the Marine Corps. 

I was surprised, and proud to be with him on this journey, as we prayed together at MCRD's Jewish chapel during his time at boot camp. 

It was amazing to watch him transition from civilian to Marine. 

I got to see him begin to wear the mantle of Marine, and made it his own. 


Akira, I am so proud of you!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your spiritual and foundational friendship...I can't say enough about you. Hopefully we can visit while we are in MCRD for graduation.
    See You then, Bob Gordon, (Bruce's Father, Sugano's Father in law, Taiki and Akira's Grandpa.

    Akira's entry into the Marines is so important to our family that all 5 of my children and spouses and some children will be there to participate in the respect and strength of our Marines.

    ReplyDelete