Friday, March 2, 2012

NCSC - Day 25 Victory Ranch

Victory Ranch is a place to send warriors who need down time to recover and re-energize from the daily stress of military life.

Today, we had the privilege of visiting VR.

We could fish, sleep, play cards, watch movies, play basketball or follow the trails on the property.
I played basketball for 3 hours with Byrd, Moon, Bayer, GnySgt and Jewell.

More than the basketball, this was a place to bond with my classmates - whether it was on the court (in a barn) or playing cards or talking during a meal. These are the people I will be turning to for support when I am out in the fleet and they will turn to me. What better way to build up cohesion than sweating all over each other during a basketball game where no-one is keeping score?

No comments:

Post a Comment