Saturday, March 3, 2012

NCSC - Day 26 Evening Colors

When the ensign (flag) is lowered for the evening, a song is played across the base.
Everyone stops and comes to attention.

Since I am usually asleep by 20:45 (8:45pm), I do not hear evening colors because it plays at 21:00. Recently, I heard it and started to chuckle. Then I started to sing along.

And how would I know the words to Army's evening colors, especially since there are no words?

Because Camp Ramah took the tune for Army evening colors and created a song for bedtime.

That's right, Rad Ha'Yom's tune was taken from the Army.

Rad Hayom (the day is done)
Shemesh Dom (the sun is gone)
Kochavim Notzetim BaMarom (the stars are twinkling in the sky)
Lyla Bah (the evening has come)
Limenuchah (to give rest)
Shalom, Shalom. (peace, peace) [may you have peace]

Shavuah Tov.

No comments:

Post a Comment