Tuesday, March 20, 2012

NCSC - Day 43 Starting the Count Down

We are at day 43 with exactly one week to go.
It does not feel like we have a week left, even though we started graduation practice today.

I cannot imagine that I only have one week more with the same people who have changed my life, my thinking towards ministry, my relationship with God and how I study Torah.

On the one hand, I am ready to leave and at the same time, I don't want to go.

I struggle with the realization that I am returning to civilian life and do not want to lose the indoctrination and militarization that I have grown accustomed to.

In seven days, I will have no choice.

Until then, I tell someone to 'stand by' as I put the phone down to my side in order to render a salute or if I am being saluted.

No comments:

Post a Comment