Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Death of a “Congregant”

 I worked with the non-Orthodox Jewish community in UAE (virtually), and one of the members of the community passed away suddenly. But here I am in the US, using technology to help the spouse work through Jewish law and tradition, and guiding them as the struggle with this tragedy.

 I have to walk the line of not telling the spouse what to do, but to come to all the decisions herself. I will not deal with any ramifications of her choices – she will – and I want her to feel good with the path she walks for herself and her family.

 I pray that I am guiding her correctly.

  ---------------------------------------------------

Post Script: I must have done it right. I would have honored her decisions no matter what, but if felt good that she thought everything through, and came to her own conclusions to align her actions with the traditions of Judaism.

No comments:

Post a Comment