Sunday, July 31, 2011

ODS - Day 16 Graduation 1st Practice

This is all one big giant test. “They” want to push us to our physical limit and then push us further. The hardest test they give, is to make us sit through two hours lectures where the instructor is basically spewing information at us. Our job is to stay awake. I have a sneaky feeling that they decrease the oxygen content of the room to make it harder for us to NOT fall asleep. I can not read my notes. I cross out the words written as I was passing out and try to keep up with the lecture but I don’t know what I am writing anymore. I don’t know if I will retain any of this in five minutes, let alone five days – which is when we will be tested on this information. Great.

Graduation is in about 18 days. We have begun to practice today. We spent more time standing at attention or at ease than anything else. I hope this graduation will not be 1 ½ hours long because we will be standing for its duration. “Attention.” “Parade rest.” These will not save me from the pain I will be feeling in feet that I feel right now. Marching is preferable to standing here as our superiors discuss the logistics of graduation. I am not sure how much advance planning they did but for the amount of time I spent standing there, I felt like the answer would be – not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment